Any page can have a "background" - a photo or other graphic that covers the page and on top of which all other photos and graphics sit. Examples of pages with backgrounds are shown below:
A page with a photo as a background
A page with a theme graphic as a background
And of course a page can be nothing but a single photo, shown full screen. That photo would be the background of its page with nothing "on top" of it.
Using a Photo as a Background
To use any photo as a background:
If you're in Sort View, see the section on Setting Photos as Backgrounds in Sort View.
If you're in Layout View
- Drag the photo onto the page in the normal way (see Adding Photos to Pages)
Right-click on the photo and choose the Set photo as background option from the menu that pops up:
Using a Preset Background Graphic
Momento comes with a large selection of graphics that can be used as backgrounds on pages. These can be found in the Backgrounds Panel, the second of the six panels in the left portion of the screen:
To make any one of these background graphics the background of a page:
- Ensure you're in Layout View, and select the page that should have the new background
- Locate the background image in the Backgrounds Panel
- Click on the background image and drag it onto the page. The page will be redisplayed with the new graphic as its background.
Making Changes to a Background Image
Occasionally it is necessary to make changes to a background image (photo or other graphic). These changes may include the cropping of the photo, or the opacity, saturation or hue of the photo. It is not possible to make such changes to an image while it is serving as the background for a page. To make the changes you must turn the background into a normal image, then make the changes, then make the image a background again. The specific steps are as follows:
- Ensure that you are in Layout View and that the page with the background that needs changing is shown
- Right-click on the background image (photo or other graphic) and select Clear background from the menu that pops up. Alternatively, you can select the Clear background image from the program's Layout menu. The image changes so that it appears as a medium-sized image on top of all other photos.
- Make any necessary changes to the image (cropping, rotation, saturation, hue, etc). See Working with Layout View or Tools for more information.
- When the changes are complete, right-click the image and select Set photo as background from the menu that pops up. Alternatively you can select the Set as background option from the program's Layout menu.
Clearing a Background
Clearing a page's background image (removing it so that the page no longer has a background) is a variation on the steps above. Follow steps 1 and 2 above, and then simply press the Delete key on the keyboard.