The "Cover View" is the view in Momento that allows you to create your own unique design for your photobook's dust-jacket - a protective wrap-around cover sleeve. This cover adds a professional and personalised finish to your photobook, and can include text, photos and other embellishments.
Cover view is selected by clicking on the Cover button in the Layout View toolbar. You can also scroll to the very left page thumbnail at the bottom of the centre portion of the pages area and click on it.
- It is important to distinguish between the photobook's dust-jacket cover (the soft, protective wrap-around cover sleeve and physically separate from the photobook itself) and the photobook's own hardback binding. Cover View allows you to design the dust-jacket.
- You do not have to order a dust-jacket for your photobook. You will be given the option during the online ordering process.
- The colour of the hardback binding is also specified in ordering process - not during the creation of the photobook itself in the Momento software.
- It is not possible to design the back of the dust-jacket of your photobook.
Adding Text and Photos to Your Photobook 's Cover
Cover View is an almost identical view to Layout View. You can treat your photobook's cover in almost exactly the same way as any other page in your photobook. For a full list of actions you can perform on your cover page, including adding text and photos, please see the help section on Layout View. The rest of this section of the help will only detail the features that are unique to Cover View.
Setting the Photobook's Title and Cover Colour
You must enter a title for your photobook before you can export your photobook for printing. The title you enter will be used to identify your photobook on the Momento website, and will be printed in the spine area of your photobook's dust-jacket.
To set your dust-jacket colour:
Select the Book settings... option from the program's File menu. The Book Settings box appears:
- If you would like your photobook's dust-jacket (sleeve) colour to be anything other than white, click on the small coloured box that represents the colour you would like
Click the OK button. Your dust-jacket page will be shown in the new colour
Tip: You can quickly bring up the Book Settings box by double-clicking in the spine area of the cover page.
- In your cover's spine area, the title will appear with the font type and font colour of the "Cover font" font style. See Setting Default Font Styles for more information on setting font styles. The font size will automatically be set for you to suit the thickness of your photobook.
- The colour buttons allow you to select the background colour of the photobook's dust-jacket/cover only. The colour of the photobook's hardback binding is selected during the online order process
Proceeding to Finish View
When you have completed the layout for your dust-jacket sleeve, you are ready to proceed to Finish View to export your photobook for printing and binding by Momen