2012 Photobook of the Year Awards | 2011 Winners and Finalists
Thank you to everyone who entered. Entries are now closed.
The Photobook of the Year Awards Exhibition opens on 7 May and the winners will be announced on 23 May 2012.
- Entry is open to any professional, emerging or student photographer in Australia.
- Must be an approved current member of the Momento Pro service. Apply for Membership.
- Professional members should have an ABN or be a member of a professional body (i.e. AIPP or ACMP).
- Students must be currently enrolled in a course of photographic studies recognised by a Registered Training Organisation or a State or Territory Training Accreditation body.
- Emerging Photographers are working professionals with less than 2 years of experience.
- Eligible books should be less than 2 years old and must have been created and / or uploaded to Momento Pro after 1 January 2010.
- Finalists may need to provide additional information including any other contributors that need to be credited for the submitted book such as graphic designers, as well as confirming copyright ownership or approval
- Entry is via Momento Pro website only
- A drop-down menu will appear for all eligible photobooks
- Use this menu to select the category you wish to enter
- Changes to your entry and category can be made up until 10 am
Wednesday 29 February 2012.
- New files to be submitted for the awards must be uploaded to Momento Pro
Accepted photobook file formats are:
- Momento Pro MBF
- PDF to Momento Pro specifications
- Limit of 5 entries per registered Momento Pro member.
- There is no cost to enter these awards.
- By entering the awards, you are providing Momento Pro with a limited use license to use the entered photobook in the following ways:
- Displayed online using the Momento Pro ‘flipbook’ viewer.
- Printed for exhibition and display if chosen as a finalist.
- Photographed to promote future awards.
- Copyright is retained at all times by the submitting photographer
Any questions about the Awards should be directed to Momento Pro via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 799 764.
Q: How was the judging done?
A: The first round digital judging will take place online. The judges are given access to the digital book files but will not have access to any information about the book creator or photographer. This was to ensure impartial judging.
The second round of judging looks at a physical print and each book is given a score. The book with the highest score will be announced as the category winner. Finally, each category winner will then be reviewed by the judging panel and scored with the highest scoring category winning book awarded Photobook of the Year.
Q: Can I change the category for an entry?
A: Yes. Simply change the dropdown menu to reflect the new category and that's it. Changes can be made until the competition closes at 10am on 29 February 2012.
Q: I'm the designer of the photobook, not the photographer. Can I still enter and which category should I enter?
A: Yes, you can still enter. Please ensure that you have permission to submit into the awards from the content owner as we will ask for this to verify the validity of your entry, if it is chosen as a finalist. Recognition of each person or studio that contributed to the creation of the book will be acknowledged, i.e. Photography by X, Design by Y.