Page Design Specifications
To make our software even more powerful, we have introduced a new feature that lets you instantly and automatically fill every page with designs created in other applications, such as Adobe Photoshop or Indesign. You simply design your pages or spreads in your preferred application and the Momento application will position them all with the required position and bleed, then you export and upload them directly to our servers. If you need to redesign any page or make any adjustments, there's no need to recreate the Momento project, just update your design, and Momento will pick up the changes automatically.
Overview of the new Fill process:
- Design your pages or spreads in your preferred software and save them as TIFF or JPEG files with the highest quality setting.
- Start a new Photobook, Lay-flat Photobook or Fine-art Book project
- Select your preferred shape and size
- You will now see the Auto-layout options: this is where you select the new Fill feature (the icon is shown to the right)
- Having selected Fill, you will be asked to select the folder that contains your page designs
- When you click "Create Layouts", your designs will automatically be positioned to fill each page or spread
- You should check that your designs fit the pages well. If you need to make any changes, your designs will automatically be picked up by Momento without restarting the software or project
- You're now ready to export and upload the project to Momento
When designing your layouts for use with the Momento software's Fill feature, you can choose to design your pages as single pages or as page pairs, known as spreads. All our products are based on a standard set of page dimensions. Even though your finished page may be, for example, 420 x 297 mm, the design you create needs to be larger by 3 mm on all sides. This is to ensure that any content you want printed to the page edge actually reaches the edge once we have trimmed the paper.
The following table shows the dimensions in millimetres at 300ppi and the equivalent in pixels for single page designs or for spreads. Please stick exactly to these figures to ensure the best fit to the Momento Pro page
|Page Design (single side)||Spread Design (page pair)|
|mm @ 300 ppi||pixels||mm @ 300 ppi||pixels|
|Majestic||Landscape||600 x 426||7086 x 5031||1184 x 426||13984 x 5031|
|Square||426 x 426||5031 x 5031||836 x 426||9874 x 5031|
|Portrait||426 x 600||5031 x 7086||836 x 600||9874 x 7086|
|Grand||Landscape||426 x 303||5031 x 3578||836 x 303||9874 x 3578|
|Square||303 x 303||3578 x 3578||590 x 303||6968 x 3578|
|Portrait||303 x 426||3578 x 5031||590 x 426||6968 x 5031|
|Regular||Landscape||303 x 216||3578 x 2551||590 x 216||6968 x 2551|
|Square||216 x 216||2551 x 2551||416 x 216||4913 x 2551|
|Portrait||216 x 303||2551 x 3578||416 x 303||4913 x 3578|
Note: if you wish to create a Small product, you need to design it at the Regular size and it will be scaled to small when we print it.
The values in this table can be entered into the document setup form for most design applications.